Botox, Dysport, and Jeuveau all work the same way. Each has slightly different characteristics, and treatments are customized to your unique features. They are used to temporarily relax muscles to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, plus prevent further wrinkles from forming. This is a no downtime procedure, with peak results at 2 weeks, and duration of results ranging from 3-5 months.
- Schedule your treatment around your life. It's best to be treated at least 2-4 weeks before any significant events so that any bruising or irritation has resolved by your big day.
- Avoid medications or supplements that increase risk of bruising for 3 days before treatment. These include Aleve, Advil, ibuprofen, naproxen, aspirin, fish oil, Ginko, Biloba, St. John’s Wort, and garlic supplements or high doses of vitamin E.
- Avoid alcohol for 24 hours before treatment to reduce the risk of bruising.
- If you are an avid exerciser, get your sweat sesh in before your appointment.
- Arrive at your appointment well hydrated. Don’t forget to eat before your appointment! It helps to have had a snack prior.
- Keep your head above your heart for the next 4 hours. This is to keep the medication from migrating into other muscle groups.
- Avoid anything that will make you flushed or sweaty for the rest of the day. This is to keep the medication from getting “washed away” by increased blood flow before the medication can bind to the receptors in your cells where it does its work.
- Don’t rub your face or smoosh it with anything like headbands or hats.
- Expect some mild tenderness or headache for minutes to days. You can use Tylenol if you need something for pain.
- Bruising and swelling are expected.
- Avoid facials or massages for 7 days after your treatment.
Lip Flip or Gummy Smile Correction Only - $99